Health care team management.
Capstone Project Paper
Your Audience must include members of the inter professionals either on a health care team or within the setting you have chosen
NO MORE THAN 10 PAGES of CONTENT written in a professional tone in APA format.
When deciding on a topic you should start by reviewing the QSEN competencies. Do your research. Make sure the problem is one that you find in the literature. Your proposal can be policy, education, practice or research based (pilot) proposal. You can do this at your current employment site or some other setting such as religious organization, school, volunteer agency. The proposal must be doable and it is not a fictitious scenario.
Project topics should relate to one of the QSEN competencies listed below:
1. Patient-Centered Care.
2. Teamwork and Collaboration.
3. Evidence-Based Practice.
4. Quality Improvement.
• Describe the problem. Explain the significance of the problem as it relates to nursing/healthcare where you have identified the problem. Provide a clear problem statement. Explain why this is an important issue/ concern, the background of the issue.
• Conduct a literature review related to the problem. Find 5-7 peer reviewed, current journal articles. Website sources will not be counted in the 5-7 requirement but can be used as additional resources. Explain what the literature suggests and synthesis the results as they relate to the proposed solution and problem. What is suggested as best practice based on studies?
• Method for executing the solution; what resources would you need to carry out this proposal? Does the culture of the organization or community of interest support/or detract from accomplishment of this? Explain the necessary resources which may include monetary needs, manpower, equipment, time etc. This is the detailed plan of what would need to be done to execute the proposal.
• How does this proposal reflect one QSEN competency? Describe how you see the chosen competency as the most critical/important/or reflective of your project proposal.
• Explain how you plan to evaluate the success of the proposal, how will you know it worked?
• Synthesize what you learned from the literature and from the proposal to indicate nursing implications to practice /concluding remarks.
Structure of paper/ Headers are Italicised
• Problem Identify the problem for your project. Provide a clear problem statement along with an overview of the intended project purpose. Include if this is a practice, education, policy or research based proposal.
• Significance/ Background: Describe the significance for the project specifically to the chosen institution. Explain the background that has lead to the conclusion that this is a problem.
• Literature Review: Conduct a literature search related to the topic of the project of interest. 5-7 peer-reviewed, current research articles (website sources are unacceptable). What does the literature suggest is best practice? The literature should provide the supportive evidence for the change you are looking to implement. What does the evidence suggest to support the project objectives.
• Method: This is the step by step ideas of how the proposed solution will be implemented. Be specific and detailed and ensure it is a sustainable proposal. What resources would you need ? Does the culture of the organization or community of interest support/ or detract from accomplishment of this? You must demonstrate collaboration with professionals outside the discipline of nursing (variations in nursing specialty is still within the discipline of nursing). Resources may include financial, manpower, equipment.
• QSEN: Which component does the project most identify with. Choose only one QSEN competency, but the one should be determined to be the highest priority and most significant. Explain
• Evaluation -Discuss how you will evaluate that the project proposal is successful. Provide detailed process for completing the evaluation include who will be responsible for tasks and what tools may be needed. The evaluation should demonstrate sustainability of project. Any tools to be used for the project should be included as an appendix. If a tool is not currently available and you need to developed a tool than a clear explanation as to how, who and when the evaluation tool will be created should be included.
• Implication to Practice- Synthesize implications to nursing practice. What would the new practice mean to the population you are focused on.
The post Health care team management first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.