Identify your specialty area of NP practice: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
1. Identify your specialty area of NP practice: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
2. Select a nursing theory, borrowed theory, or interdisciplinary theory: Fawcett and Ellenbecker’s Conceptual Model of Nursing and Population Health (CMNPH)
Address the following:
• Origin – Where and when did this theory come from?
• Meaning and scope – How the theory’s concepts relate to one another.
• Logical adequacy – Looks at logical structure of the components of the theory.
• Usefulness and simplicity – How practical or helpful is the theory?
• Generalizability – Can the theory be applied to other situations?
• Testability – Can the theory be supported by empirical evidence?
Provide an example how the theory could be used to improve or evaluate the quality of practice in your specific setting (hospital setting). What rationale can you provide that validates the theory as applicable to the role of the nurse practitioner.