NURS 580 Response DP: Holistic Health Interventions.
NURS 580 Response DP: Holistic Health Interventions
Master of Science in Nursing concentration Family Nurse Practitioner
Murdaugh, C.L., Parsons, M. A., & Pender, N. J. (2019). Health promotion in nursing practice, (8th ed.). New York, New York: Pearson
Chapters 8 and 9
· American Holistic Nurses Association (Links to an external site.) – As the definitive voice for holistic nursing, the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) promotes the education of nurses, other health care professionals, and the public in all aspects of holistic caring and healing. AHNA is a non-profit membership association serving more than 5,700 members and 160 local chapters/networks across the U.S. and abroad. http://www.ahna.org/default.aspx
· National Cancer Institute & Aromatherapy (Links to an external site.) – This site presents information about National Cancer Institute recommendations for use of aromatherapy. This website is an excellent example of how mainstream medicine is integrating complementary therapies for the benefit of the patient. Feel free to share your observations in our discussion forum. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/aromatherapy-pdq
· Acupuncture and NIH (Links to an external site.) – This site presents information on National Institute of Health recommendations regarding acupuncture.Acupuncture is among the oldest healing practices in the world. As part of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), acupuncture aims to restore and maintain health through the stimulation of specific points on the body. In the United States, where practitioners incorporate healing traditions from China, Japan, Korea, and other countries, acupuncture is considered part of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/acupuncture-in-depth
· Tai Chi (Links to an external site.) – This site provides information about Tai-Chi and an extensive list of peer review research. Consider how this and other mind-body exercises can promote health, reduce stress and be integrated into your private life and personal practice. https://www.worldtaichiday.org/WTCQDHlthBenft.html
There are a number of nursing theories and models that specifically focus on the holistic approach.
· Review the list below and choose one theory or model that you feel is applicable to the topics identified in weeks 2 (DP Key Health Indicators) and 5 (DP Environmental factors affecting wellness).
Holistic Nursing Theories and Models
· King’s Theory of Goal Attainment
· Neuman’s Systems Model
· Rogers’ Theory of Unitary Human Beings
· Nightingale’s Environment Theory
· Hall’s Care, Cure and Core Theory
· Parse’s Human Becoming Theory
· Roy’s Adaptation Model of Nursing
· Johnson’s Behavior System Model
· Orem’s Self-Care Deficit Nursing Theory
· Erickson’s Modeling and Role Modeling Theory
· Newman’s Health as Expanding Consciousness Theory
· Watson’s Philosophy and Science of Caring
· Humanistic Model
Answer the following questions:
1. How does the holistic nursing theory or model apply to the community needs you have
2. How does this theory or model vary from traditional, mainstream medicine theories or
3. What data is there to support efficacy of the holistic nursing theory or model?
4. How can the holistic nursing theory or model be used to promote and improve the health of
individuals, families, communities, and/or populations?
INCLUDE IN YOUR RESPONSE TO CLASSMATE’s DISCUSSION POST:
To ensure that your responses are substantive, respond to at least three of these prompts:
1) Do you agree with your peers’ assessment?
2) Taking an opposing view to a peer and present a logical argument supporting an alternative opinion.
3) Share your thoughts on how you support their opinion and explain why?
4) In responding to your colleagues’ postings offer alternative questions and rationales for your
suggestions. (Please state an open ended question in your response discussion post for my
classmate to respond to)
* Present new references that support your opinions.
Support with at least 1 scholarly peer reviewed journal article to support your position is required. Peer reviewed journals must be LESS than 5 YEARS OLD, and from the UNITED STATES. (Your text book may be used as a source but does NOT count toward the 1 required references). References must be different from the references used in “My Initial Discussion Post” and “Respond to this Post.” I have uploaded a document labeled “My Initial Discussion Post” and “Respond to this Post,” so you can see the references used as well as the context.
APA formatting applies and includes the following for your response post A) In text citations in APA format B) Reference list in APA format (include doi)
Your response should be 250-300 words. In text citations do count in the word count, but references do not.
Contribution of New Ideas
1. Do you agree with the posted assessment? Why or why not?
2. Shared new perspective or analysis of ideas.
3. Substantive comments and questions that significantly helped to move the discussion
4. One scholarly article in responding classmate’s essay are cited.
Expression of Ideas; APA Style
1. Elaborated on ideas of classmate by sharing additional examples and adding further
2. Discussion was expressed in a clear and respectful manner
3. APA style adhered to. No spelling or grammar errors; is within word limits, no quotations
Click Here To Download
The post NURS 580 Response DP: Holistic Health Interventions appeared first on AssignmentHub.