The cover letter should be written to apply for this advertisement below:.
The cover letter should be written to apply for this advertisement below:
Word limit needed 1250-1300 words
Graduate Engineers Required by Industrus
Industrus Engineering is a leading Australian engineering consulting company. We’ve re-imagined
engineering and we’re looking for enthusiastic graduates to join our team.
The Industrus Engineering Graduate Program offers an opportunity for hands-on learning as you rotate
around project roles and divisions, working on some of the most exciting projects across the country. From
advising on Australia’s largest lithium-ion battery to store renewable energy. To using digital technology to
plan and restore transport access to communities after major natural disasters. To designing Australia’s tallest
engineered timber office building. There’s never a dull moment!
The Graduate Program involves:
• Structured 12 month training program designed to help you build the necessary technical and leadership
skills to advance your career
• The support of a buddy and mentoring opportunities
• Professional and personal development workshops
• Exposure to a range of interesting projects
• Opportunities for travel within Australia
We have a variety of consulting projects, therefore we accept candidates with qualifications in the following
21/01/2021 [Solved] 62747 – The cover letter should be written to apply
• Biomedical Engineering • Civil Engineering • Environmental Engineering
• Data Engineering • Electrical Engineering • Electronic Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering • Mechatronic Engineering • Software Engineering
To apply for the job, submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the following selection criteria.
• A commitment to ethical conduct and the highest standards of professional accountability (3.1)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both with other engineers and with stakeholders from
different fields. (3.2)
• The ability to engage with a creative, innovative and proactive environment (3.3)
• Demonstrated ability to use and manage information (3.4)
• The ability to manage your own performance in a professional environment. (3.5)
• A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to show leadership when required. (3.6)
Some information of my self that must be included in the cover letter:
I am fourth year student, majoring in software engineer at University of Maison
I did 3-months internship in FAPCO software company which is related to software engineering.
Below is the template that should be followed and for the 6 selection areas please see the example I have
attached to get the idea more. Make positive stories ( fake) for each selection area and all related to my 3-
months work experience in FAPCO software company.
Template for the cover letter
This is a template that you can follow for your cover letter.
1 Sentence explaining the purpose of your letter.
1 or 2 sentences explaining why you are suited to the position.
Claims against the selection criteria
Title of first selection criteria (there are 6 selection area as numbered below)
(You should use an anecdote from your work experience to show how you have demonstrated the chosen
criteria in your work experience.)
This is calling STAR method
Situation: What was the issue/situation? (2 sentence)
Task: What did you do? What was your involvement? (2 sentence)
Actions: What actions did you take? (2 sentences)
Result: What was the result of your actions? (2 sentences)
(Claims against selection criteria are different from reflections in that they aim to positively present your
skills in each area. On the other hand, reflections use an incident, often negative, to show what you have
learned and what you would do differently. Claims against selection criteria are very similar to the answers
you give in an interview.)
Very important: This STAR method should be repeated for each of the selection criteria in the advertisement.
3.1 A commitment to ethical conduct and the highest standards of professional accountability
3.2 Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both with other engineers and with stakeholders from
3.3 The ability to engage with a creative, innovative and proactive environment (3.3)
3.4 Demonstrated ability to use and manage information (3.4)
3.5 The ability to manage your own performance in a professional environment. (3.5)
3.6 A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to show leadership when required.