The next part of this project is research into your personal political ideology..
The next part of this project is research into your personal political ideology. This report on your research should be a minimum of 500 words but no more than 1000 words. State your word count at the end of your report.
Political Ideology: “A political ideology is a certain set of ethical ideals, principles, doctrines, myths or symbols of a social movement, institution, class or large group that explains how society should work and offers some political and cultural blueprint for a certain social order. A political ideology largely concerns itself with how to allocate power and to what ends it should be used. Some political parties follow a certain ideology very closely while others may take broad inspiration from a group of related ideologies without specifically embracing any one of them.
1. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=j_k_k-bHigM&list=PL8dPuuaLjXtOfse2ncvffeelTrqvhrz8H&index=35
2. take this online political ideology assessment: https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/quiz/political-typology/
3. Use the title “Political Ideology Research” to begin your report
4. In the first paragraph of your report, state the findings of the assessment, the name of the group you were assigned, the percentage of the general population of the group and some of their important issues.
5. In the next two paragraphs, explain in detail what this research reveals about you. Use examples of values or opinions you hold. Explain why you hold those values and opinions
6. In the next paragraph, explain why you agree or not with the assessment results. Use examples of values or opinions you hold compared to the assessment. Explain why you hold those values and opinions
7. The final paragraph in your report is the most difficult while also being the most important part: create your own political ideology statement
8. Create a title: Political Ideology Statement
9. Craft a single paragraph that states your political ideology This should be specific to you and what issues are important to you. This statement should not be broadly aspirational such as “treat everyone kindly or the same” This part is the hard work and should be at least 100 words but no more than 200 words