The value of grit and perseverance.
• Why do we want to believe in the power of grit?
• Why do we want to believe that meritocracies are fair?
• Who is harmed when we value grit so much?
• What structural or systemic problems does it reinforce when we value grit and defend meritocratic systems?
• What is the rhetoric surrounding “grit” and “meritocracy”?
you have to connect these three sources and and one of your own
? Duckworth, A. “Grit: The power of passion and perseverance”
? Rose, M. “Why teaching kids to have grit isn’t always a good thing”
? Love, B. “Hip hop, grit, and academic success”
The post The value of grit and perseverance first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.