Unit 711 – Strategic Planning.
please get a distinction on the MBA essay with a lot of detail
Unit 711 – Strategic Planning
You have successfully gained a junior management role in the UK in an organization called Vista, which is a
multi-national company. This is an interesting time for the business as it has decided to review its mission,
vision and strategic direction. In this process the Board wishes to involve staff at various levels in the
organization and it has established a series of teams which will look at the strategy and feedback their work to
the Board. You have been asked to join Team Singapore which is comprised of staff from across the
company. It will work virtually before meeting in Singapore for a final face to face session.
This is an exciting opportunity for your personal and career development and you are keen to make the most
In preparation for the first virtual meeting you decide to make detailed notes in which you:
• explain organizational vision, mission, strategy and business plans and the relationships between them
• explain how external factors affect organizations and how changes in the external environment affect
• evaluate how stakeholder expectations influence organizations
At the first virtual meeting of the team all members have been asked to make an individual contribution,
which will be circulated to other team members prior to the next meeting. Your task is to provide a document
• analyses the mission and vision statements of named organizations.
• evaluates the impact of a named organization’s vision and mission on its strategy.
• analyses how external influences affect organizational strategy in a named organization.
Following the virtual meeting you have been asked to review an organization’s strategy and business plans as
this may influence thinking for Vista’s future direction.
Produce a presentation with accompanying notes which:
• explains the importance of review in developing organizational strategy and business plans.
• evaluates the tools which can be used to review organizational strategy and business plans
• review the position of an organization in its current market using appropriate tools.
• analyses the competitive strengths and weaknesses of an organization’s current business strategy and
Whilst completing the above tasks your team has decided that there is clearly a number of strategic options to
consider. With this in mind you decide to model strategy options for a smaller organization as an illustration.
Produce a document for circulation which develops:
• strategy options for a chosen organization, using modelling tools
• criteria for reviewing the potential strategy options.
• apply the criteria and evaluate the options for delivering the strategic direction of the organization you have
The Board has decided that the meeting in Singapore should take place and you have received your travel and
accommodation documents. The agenda for the meeting will include how to create a strategic plan. In
preparation for this critical meeting you decide to produce a file for your own use. The file will:
• explain the structure of a plan needed to deliver the strategy
• explain how stakeholders are involved in the formulation of the plan
• provide a dissemination process to ensure stakeholders are informed and committed to the plan.
• create monitoring systems to ensure the successful implementation of a strategic plan.
• construct a strategic plan for a named organization