vCis web design | Information Systems homework help.
For this course we will be working on creating a functioning Website on the topic of your choosing. You will be creating a single site that is viewable on a desktop/laptop as well as on mobile devices. Your work begins in Week 1 by defining the kind of site you will create.
As the quarter progresses you will build on your concept, adding more elements to the site as each new topic is covered.
To help you frame your ideas, here is a list of requirements for the site:
- Consistent design and color schemeConsistent navigation between parts of your site
- An external CSS document to control these aspects
- CSS applied to a single page
- Use of inline styles
- A minimum of 5-8 pages
- At least three external hyperlinks
- An email link with the subject filled in
- A form (it does NOT have to connect to a database because that is beyond the scope of this class)
- Properly placed images on at least three pages
- The use of alert message on one page
Once you begin to write your pages in HTML, please add the following to a comment in the <head> of your work:
Name, date, week #, class with section, and campus # (i.e. CIS273001VA016)
Always zip your work into a single folder for uploading to Blackboard. You’ll want to keep each week separately so that you can review earlier iterations of your site in case you want to revert something back based on feedback from your professor.
Due Dates and Grading: This project is designed to give you a realistic experience in design; as such, you will be expected to participate in making tweaks and iterating your product and design as necessary. Assignments are due within the week they are assigned; however, you may have up to two weeks to work with your professor to make suggested/required adjustments—this is up to your professors’ discretion and is not guaranteed. Be aware: Not completing a portion of the assignment means that you will not be able to receive feedback and therefore cannot tweak things, and that portion of your grade will remain graded as “unacceptable.”
ASSIGNMENT 1: PITCH DECK
Due in Week 2 and worth 50 points
You have been hired to create a Website. In this assignment, you will begin to gather the necessary information to complete the work and present your ideas to your client.
You will need to answer the following questions:
- What kind of domain name(s) will you register (i.e., .com, .biz, .net, etc.)? Why do you suggest this kind of domain? (Review the section in Week 1 on domain names.)
- Will you register the site using multiple domains? Why is this necessary?
- Will you need to secure any portion of your site? Why? (See section on HTTPS.)
- Given the nature of Web trends and changes in technology, what steps, if any, do you suggest to keep your site viable for more than one year?
- What browsers do you anticipate your visitors will be using based on information available today?
- Does the browser have any impact on your design?
- Based on what you’ve just learned this week about CSS, how will this help in the development of your site?
You may submit this in multiple formats though a pitch deck (PowerPoint is highly recommended; extra points if you would actually like to create a presentation in a video device or software of your choosing that you can upload to YouTube or similar online easily accessible hosting service. Note: Your instructor must be able to access your video if you choose this option. Prior coordination is needed to ensure your instructor will be able to access your video). You’ve been hired, but remember you still need to show off how awesome you are.
The post Cis web design | Information Systems homework help appeared first on EssayBishop.