Write an education essay based on the Art and Design UK secondary school curriculum..
This is a mix of an education essay based on the subject Art and Design.
Write an education essay based on the Art and Design UK secondary school curriculum. Academic language needs to be used.
Why this topic is important and mention key sources
To be a mix of a literature review
How might this study inform my teaching practice
Arguments for and against with each point made – backed up with sources (lit reviews)
Should be a discussion about what others have written
Points to explore in essay- UK secondary school
– Experimental/ expressive learning vs traditional art learning strategies (contemporary vs traditional) How is this beginning to shape lesson planning and the classroom – how are students beginning to benefit from this?
– Drawing on the interests of the students – social media/technology – new accessible ways for young people to make and enjoy art. – Collaborative learning
– Why does drawing hold value in Art and Design sessions – the effects on students of “the perfect drawing” Being able to draw well doesn’t necessarily teach creativity within Art and Design
– Is learning drawing skills creative or does it crush creativity (this could be linked to expressive are and art grade results. Practicing good drawing skills produces good league table results)
– Drawing in terms of specialism (how certain specialisms such as illustration is required)
– Inclusivity – new ways of teaching drawing/art for students with SEN (Special education needs) or ESL (English second language). – From teaching, students with autism for example, struggle with the art curriculum and often become dis-engaged with learning due to frustration on being unable to “draw” – How can we support more students with SEN/ESL to make the art subject more inclusive.;
– Reflection on points made
– How might this study inform my teaching practice
Mandatory reading/theory to engage with in the essay:
Deanna Petherlbridge – ‘The Primacy of Drawing HISTORIES AND THEORIES OF PRACTICE ‘
Draws upon the notion of the significance of drawing as visual thinking in western art from the 15th century to the present. Scrutinizing a wide range of drawings, Petherbridge confirms a long historical commitment to the primal importance of sketching in generating ideas and problem solving.
The post Write an education essay based on the Art and Design UK secondary school curriculum. appeared first on Essay Quoll.