Write an essay of between 600 and 700 words in which you make an arguable claim about some idea concerning media (eg. Television)..
Directions: Write an essay of between 600 and 700 words in which you make an arguable claim about some idea concerning media (eg. Television).
Your thesis should state clearly your opinion on a matter, and the body paragraphs should support it.
Font: Times New Roman 12
Word count: 600 – 800
Structure: (see “Essay Structure” infographic on Moodle):
• A header and page numbers according to MLA format (see top of A4-h and MLA-5b)
• A title for the essay
• An introductory paragraph which includes the thesis statement (your arguable main idea: see A4-c)
• 2 or 3 body paragraphs, each with a topic sentence (the main idea of the paragraph which supports the thesis: see A4e and C5).
• A concluding paragraph which restates in different words your thesis statement
• A works cited page (see MLA-4b and/or a citation generator such as easybib.com)
At least two sources cited from sources about media. Use signal phrases and be sure the ideas are blended into your writing (see MLA-3c).
Use MLA (see MLA-3 and MLA-4a) in-text citation and include a works cited page.